Friday, October 24, 2008

The power of research

The time displayed in my phone is currently 1.41pm. So here I am sitting beside my laptop waiting patiently for my second parcel to arrive in Flat R3. For ur information, my parcel was held for more than 10 days, and if my mum did not give me my tracking number for my this parcel yesterday, I anticipate that I would not be able to receive my parcel ever again. How sh*tty is that?

I was doing my research online for some good unis for my postgraduate study. I am planning to do my MBA after my law degree in Oxford Brookes. I have decided to not take the Bar Vocational Course. I seriously do not intend to practise after my attachment in Shook Lin & Bok. Yes, it is entirely different if you actually see the "real" life of a lawyer. It's so different than studying law. Law is in theory a very fascinating and challenging subject to me for the past few years. Unfortunately, it is not that fascinating to me in practical. Not at all. Your life is gonna be all about clients and judges. I'm sick of that. Cos I don't have the passion.

My interests are now devoted solely to the corporate world. I am hypnotized by the career of investment banking. But knowing that the environment is strongly meritocratic, and that weekend work is not unusual, and that investment bankers work up to 100 hours per week, all this are holding me back to enter into the investment bankers' world. I was considering to apply for an internship into any of the investment banking firms' to see how the life there's like. Haha but seeing that I have too much workload, I think better not to.

Back to ALM!

No comments: