Saturday, September 06, 2008

Steaming a chicken

For the first time in my life, I touched, washed, rubbed an uncooked chicken. It isn't that bad after all cos its skin and meat is very fluffy and spongy, nice to touch. However, I thought that my dad's recipe for steamed chicken is too simple after all. With just 3 pieces of garlic and soy sauce. So I was like kinda brainstorming the ways of cooking a chicken. Should I add some honey+ lemon into it? Or a mixed recipe of chicken and pork should be nice..hehee. Of course I'm gonna learn how to cook "pong-teh" the following day.(a hokkien dish) Woah.. from a level of not knowing to cook rice to this stage of brainstorming, I think I am very impressive for learning it all in half a day. Haha who knows on tues I'm already mastering all the recipes in the recipe book that I bought not too long ago in MPH.

In my opinion, the cooking process is really exciting and fun and most importantly-self satisfaction. I'm delighted that I can cook now. Though I realli enjoyed the princess life of not need to cook, but then again I seriously think the sort of princess life is not fun at all. *haha* Haiya, I mean, not that my housemaid can cook really well. So the whole family got bored of dinner since long time ago.

I think I will satisfy myself the most when I know how to cook bak-kut-teh and making sushi.*yeepee!*

Oh ya, not to forget, the famous dish ever known-the paper wrapped chicken. Yummy yummy yummy!! I'm so gonna master it all!!

No comments: